Directorate "Public Works"
Primary goal: To construct a favorable residential environment for the necessity of public works, infrastructure or projects with social purpose.
The Functions Of The Directorate
• To analyse information presented by the municipalities for the necessity of public works, infrastructure or projects with social purpose.
• To plan and organize investment actions at sites of public works, infrastructure or projects with social purpose.
• To cooperate with the municipalities for the urbanization of settlements by participating in the preparation and realization of investment projects, funded by the republican budget and/or by the EU or other sources, aimed at sustainable improvement of the quality of physical and living environment and integrating disadvantaged people.
• To participate in the analysis and preparation of national and international initiatives connected to balanced development of the territory and infrastructure.
• To participate in working groups in creation of legislative and other administrative acts, according to the activities of the directorate and implementing them in accordance with European standards.
• To work in close relation with General directorate "Regional politics" in the European Commission and to support representatives of the municipalities taking part in the Regional Committee as a consultative body, representing local and regional authorities in the European Union.